For the past few months, I’ve been focused on my goal of launching an online and in person journaling course. A big part of getting ready for the launch has involved journaling. Every day I’ve journaled about what it would be like to achieve my goal. Its help me to believe that it is possible and I can achieve it.
Research shows that just merely writing down your goals can help you achieve them. Visualizing your goals on paper aligns your will with your unconscious desire and helps make them a reality.
Here are some tips to help you work with your goals in your journal:
- Write your goal down somewhere where you’ll see it and reread it often. This will help anchor it and keep it top of mind.
- Brainstorm a list of steps you can take to take you in the direction of your goal and schedule them into your calendar.
- Write about your goal from the point of view of having already achieved it. Write about how you will feel having accomplished your goal. What will your life be like?
- Reread journal entries from times in the past when you achieved your goals. This will help you get inspired to achieve your goals. Also look at times when you didn’t achieve your goals and examine what went wrong so you approach it from a different angle.
- Schedule goal-setting into your routine so you do it every day and build momentum for your goals.
- At the end of each day focus on what you did to achieve your goal. Success builds momentum. Every step you take gets you nearer to your ultimate destination.
A journal can be a very powerful tool for goal-setting. How do you use your journal to accomplish your goals?