I don’t know about you, but I find the holidays the perfect time to journal and take some time out. Just in case you need some inspiration, I compiled ten Christmas journal prompts to get you in the spirit of the season:
- My favourite Christmas was when ….
- What’s your favourite Christmas movie? What message does it convey to you about the season?
- Write a list of 100 things you are grateful for. Christmas is the perfect time to practise gratitude.
- Write a character sketch for everyone that you have Christmas dinner with them. You could even make up your own cards and give them out with your Christmas gifts.
- What I want for this Christmas is ….
- Write about your ideal Christmas. Where would you be? What would you be doing? Who would be with you?
- Similarly you could write a Christmas bucket list of things you really want to do around this time of year.
- Write about some of your family’s Christmas traditions. Which ones were your favourite?
- What does Christmas really mean to you? Are you religious?
- Write about a Christmas you spent away from home. What did you do? How did that feel?
Christmas is a great time to get your journal out. What’s your favourite Christmas journal prompt?